Tuesday, December 17, 2013

28 weeks, 2 days along




So excited to have gotten this far! 28 weeks, 2 days along & babies are doing great. Monitorings have been going pretty well, a couple decelerations but nothing alarming. My OB said that she's surprised they don't have that happen more often & that she's not overly concerned when it does happen as long as they come back up. Sometimes they don't want to stay on the monitor so it takes longer, sometimes an hour or 2. I had a soon this morning & both babies look awesome; 2lbs, 7oz & 2lbs, 10oz. They are at an average weight for their gestational age, which is so refreshing. Bits likes to change positions often-from being head down right by Pieces head to breach. She's probably flipped 2 or 3 times since I've been in the hospital.


Weight loss/gain: 35lbs (10 since my admission to the hospital-they feed me well :). I have to make myself eat sometimes because it just doesn't feel like there is any room for food. But once I start, I realize how hungry I am.
Maternity clothes: Yes, I basically live in yoga pants & tanks/hoodies.
Symptoms: My belly is getting really heavy & I definitely waddle now. I tire really easily& can't walk/stand long.
Sex (of babies): Girls, girls, girls!
Sleep: Terrible! I have been having to take a sleep aid to get any sleep at night. I definitely sleep well after that though.
Best moment this week: the girls on sonogram, every successful monitoring & seeing my circus clan.
Movement: Oh yea! They typically move the most when on the monitor or when I lay on my left side. It sometimes feels as though they are trying to escape through my skin.
Food cravings: Bacon, French fries dipped in mayo, cheesy eggs/omelet.
Belly button in/out: In.
How are the kiddos taking it: They are getting more used to it-coming to visit & leaving without me. Anika sometimes tells me she doesn't want to leave me & gets sad, Brody is easily distracted with knowing he gets to press buttons in the "alligator", aka elevator. 
What I miss: What don't I miss is more like it. I'm finally hitting the time that I really miss my family & being home. Not that I haven't always missed my circus crew, but it's really hitting me now. I miss having any sort of control over anything...especially not knowing when these babies are going to come.
What I'm looking forward to: Being home with my crew, meeting my girls.
What I'm nervous about: The girls being born/when they will be born, their health, my being able to stay strong having to stay in the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment