Wednesday, January 1, 2014
30 weeks, 3 days
I saw the Perinatologist yesterday for my routine sono & Pieces (baby A) is still behind in her growth. While she is still gaining, she's not gaining at a high enough rate. She is now in the 4th percentile. Her approximate weight yesterday was 2lbs, 11 oz & Bits (baby B) was approx 3lbs, 9 oz. Everything else looks great, no issues with brain or organ development, just need her to grow better. Between my OB & Perinatologist, they believe delivery would be best as she will grow better & faster out of the womb. Delivery via c-section is set for Tuesday, January 7, 2014 at 9:30am. I will get repeat steroid injections this weekend to help with their lung development as well as magnesium sulfate a few hours before delivery to help decrease any neurological problems like cerebral palsy. I will stay in the hospital for 4 nights after & finally get to go home to my other babies. Bits & Pieces will need to stay in the NICU for a while to continue to grow. I will be 31 weeks, 2 days on day of delivery & been inpatient in the hospital for 7 weeks, 5 days by the time I go home. We are so thrilled to have gotten this far along in the pregnancy & so thankful for all of the love & support from our family, friends, nurses & my doctors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment