I've decided that it is finally time to reach out & ask for advice. I've been struggling with how to deal with some things & haven't reached out because I thought I could just figure it out or with time it & prayer it would resolve itself. That is not happening so here goes...
Kids. I love my kids, love them with every fiber of my being. I also can't wait for bedtime to come so the whining will stop & the 'mom, mom, mommy, ma, MOM' will stop. Please don't get me wrong, I am very grateful for all that I have; my family, my home, etc. I am especially grateful for my children, to be able to stay home with them & raise them. But I can't help but wonder if I'm raising them right. Am I yelling too much, spending enough one on one time with them, etc. So many questions of how to do it right. Let me back up a little... While I was in the hospital I had a lot of time for self reflection. First you hear about the terrible 2's, no wait 3 is worse, nope 4 is. What about when your 5 year old still throws herself on the floor in a fit? Pediatrician says it's still normal at her age but it's so much more frustrating. She has such a crazy vocabulary & it's hard to believe that she can't find the emotion word to verbally express how she is feeling-that's what the Pedi thinks is going on. If it's not throwing herself on the ground, it's swatting at things-walls, people, dogs...while saying 'I don't know' when asked what is wrong. At school she is awesome according to her teachers, sweet, helpful, talkative, a good listener. Brody says a whole lot of 'I don't want to's' which is obviously crazy frustrating, but more than anything else it's the whining that gets me wound up. I know they aren't getting the attention they need but the babies take up most of the free time-if it's not them physically, it's washing bottles, laundry, etc. I just don't know how to react in a healthy way when I am at the end of my rope. The babies are so good, it's really the big kids that are wearing me thin. I get so easily annoyed & frustrated with their 'kid behavior' but they are after all kids. I'm trying my hardest to be calm & easy going but I have my crazy mama moments. Any advice for ways to keep it cool and how to fit it all in? Thanks!!
Rachael, I am the same way. I long for 8 which is bed time. I am a single parent of 3 through the week and it gets tiring. I have found I need to take a 1/2 hour after work for down time before I pick them up. I still have the whining at mine are 7, 5 and 2. From your posts and the smiles on the older kids faces, I would say you are doing a great job. Just remember to rejuvenate yourself too.
ReplyDelete